Search & Win

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Crockpot Beef Roast

Gayle at the Grocery Cart Challenge is having her weekly recipe swap. This week instead of watching from the sidelines I decided to jump in with a recipe for beef roast. I especially like this recipe because you could have the toughest cut of meat and it would still turn out great.
Crockpot Beef Roast
2-4 pound beef roast
1 envelope of onion soup mix
1 pint of dill pickles
Sprinkle soup mix over beef roast. Pour pickles and juice over roast. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for as long as you like. Meat is super tender and is great for sandwhiches or with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

justjuls said...

I followed you here from the recipe swap - and I just have to ask what you do with the pickles? Does anybody eat them after they have cooked? I like pickles so this doesn't sound half bad - but I was just wondering.

Meghan said...

The recipe is from a family cookbook and from it they say you can put them on your sandwich if that's what you use the beef for. I do not use them. They are cooked to death, but their juice makes the beef so tender and moist it's awesome!