Search & Win

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Got the Bird(s)

Yesterday I finally got away from this place, and headed to (the big) town at 1:30 pm. Now that we are milking three times (5:30 am, 1 pm, and 9 pm), I would like to get my errands done before the second milking or after. I left in the middle, and that was Kurt's fault. I had to pick him up and you know how that goes. I had big plans too. I was going to go to four, count them FOUR grocery stores. That just sounds tiring to me, but I had a plan and coupons in hand. A positive about going yesterday is there's a store that doubles 5 coupons up to a dollar, but only on Wednesdays. I even scored three FREE items and only one was at the store where they doubled.



I bought two turkeys a 25 pounder and a 16 pounder. They were both 48 cents a pound. You can not beat that. My husband made a comment when I told him I bought 41 pounds, but it's not like I have to cook them both in a week. Men, sometimes they don't appreciate a good sale. I really like to stockpile when prices are at rock bottom or near. His issue with that is there is a cost to having inventory. That is understandable coming from a business owner. Thanks to me we do not need to worry about buying laundry or dish soap, shampoo/conditioner, razors, toothpaste, body washes, and over the counter pain relievers for a good year or more.



Enough ranting, have a wonderful day. If you would like me to share what I got on my shopping trips, let me know. I may just share with out even being asked because I love a good deal and sharing the news.

No comments: