Search & Win

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Third Milking

Kurt just headed out to milk the third milking. God love him! We are now a week into milking three times a day and it takes a toll on our bodies and mind. Kurt has been milking the mid-day milking with me which is really nice of him. He could be napping, but he helps me instead. Since the most sleep you get at night is six hours, we try to take a nap throughout the day. I did not have one today, but I mostly care if Kurt is able to take a nap. You have to take care of your body or you'll run yourself ragged.

Speaking of ragged, I volunteered to have Thanksgiving at our house. Kind of makes sense that everyone comes to us. Then we will have more time to visit. Kurt already said he would go out and milk at 1pm for me. I know all I talk about is milk, milk, milk. Blah, blah, blah. Our lives revolve around milking. Looking back (eight days ago), milking twice a day is a picnic. This three times a day business is work. Plus the girls are getting used to being milked every eight hours versus 12 hours. Hopefully there is less pressure build up. Observe Krunch, on the left and Doreen's udders are rather "full" looking. Ouch! Have no fear, Kurt's coming to the rescue.

No comments: