Search & Win

Friday, December 19, 2008

Caramel Corn

This recipe is from my mom. I made some of the other day. If I can make this, anyone can. Check out the Recipe Swap at the Grocery Cart Challenge.



Caramel Corn
1 cup unpopped popcorn
1 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Pop the popcorn and put it in a large roasting pan. Mix butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Take mixture off the heat and add the baking soda. Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat. Bake for 1 hour at 250*, stirring every half hour. Store in airtight containers. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meghan,
I am going to make some of this for Christmas! Thanks!

Also, just found your blog from the grocery cart challenge. Very interesting...I live in Massachusetts and the closest I've gotten to a cow is the dairy 15 miles away that sells homemade ice cream! Your daughter is adorable.

I also loved the pics of your wedding. Looks like you all have a great sense of humor--the cow suit was great! And bringing your "girls" to the event via the cow themed cake--terrific!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you know I enjoyed your blog.

Andrea