Search & Win

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Who Doesn't Like a Good Party?

The Holstein Breeders in our county like to have a good time. I think other counties know this because at our get togethers there are usually a few other breeders from surrounding counties. The more the merrier should be our slogan : )



Wives and their husbands look forward to the Annual Meeting/Banquet on the second Tuesday of December. Four months later we party after our County Sale at a nearby supper club until the wee hours of the morning. I told you we like a good party. Then in July is our county fair and their is an open class show for dairy cattle on Friday. After the show on Friday night we bring a dish to pass and have a heck of a good time. The winner of the show buys beer and pop. The barn is just packed with people and it is so much fun.



We have a camaraderie and understand what goes on in each other's daily lives. It is so nice to visit with my Holstein women. I have met some really great women and more importantly have some really special friendships established. When you are having trouble or no trouble these women are there to share the good times and bad. Because they have been there, and if you have not been there yet you will be as well. It's farming. There is no guarantee, it's all a gamble. But friends last, and are their to pick you up when you are down or celebrate when you've done well.



My husband is on the Holstein board so he gets together monthly with about 8 other men. My Holstein ladies and I think we should get together every month or so too. I think that would be great. I do see a few on a regular basis around town or at church. It is so nice to get away from the farm and visit with others who share a common goal. Usually after you have shared your woes, someone can top your awful event with their own horrific tale. Sometimes that is all it takes to make Kurt feel better because he's sure glad he didn't have to through what they did. You can appreciate what you have. I know that doesn't sound too good, but it's what farmers do. It's theraputic for them to talk about. They would not admit that, but us, women we know.



I have some big goals for today. Make Christmas candy maybe peanut butter balls. Get my lights on my Christmas tree. Go to Fleet Farm and get some cat food and do some shopping. Milk the cows of course. To me, all of that sounds rather aggressive and I'm feeling like a nap now after a breakfast of pancakes and sausages. I forgot I really need to keep working on Christmas cards as well. Now that I told you what my plans are, what are you doing to prepare for the coming of Jesus? It is Advent : )

No comments: