Search & Win

Friday, February 13, 2009

Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole

Growing up we ate tuna sandwhiches (tuna and Miracle Whip on toast) but my mom never made this casserole. I remember tasting it at potlucks and thinking it tasted pretty good. I have experimented and found a really good combination. Now the church I go to is putting a cookbook together and I'm submitting this one. We also had it for supper the other night and it is very satisfying. With Lent coming up in a few weeks, this would be a great recipe to add to your meatless menu plans. I hope you enjoy it. Go over to the Recipe Swap to find more.





Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole



1-16oz pkg egg noodles, cooked
2 cans tuna, drained
1-2 cans cream of celery or chicken soup
1 soup can of milk
2-4 heaping Tbs Miracle Whip or mayo
peas, canned or frozen (optional)
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar






Combine above in ingredients and bake in a 9x13 baking dish or dutch oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and top with crushed potato chips or cracker crumbs (we prefer the chips). *Note* I have seen recipes where the crushed potato chips are folded into casserole but I have never tried that-sounds good to me! Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Enjoy!








Check out what's happening at Married to the Cows

No comments: