Search & Win

Friday, February 20, 2009

Puppy Chow

This is an addicting snack. I'm just warning you. You will have to make it over and over and over again if you have chocoholics like I do in your house. I don't mind except I'm on the last box of cereal. I'm not sure why this is called puppy chow. Maybe it is to make it sound less appetizing? If you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8, they make this too and they call it Monkey Munch. This is my recipe for the Recipe Swap. Go check it out.






Puppy Chow




In a large microwave-safe bowl combine. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue doing that until the mixture is smooth and combined.


1 stick of butter (margarine would be fine)
1-1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter (I eyeball it)





Pour a 12 oz box of Crispix or Chex cereal into the bowl. Stir gently to make sure all of the cereal has been coated. In an ice cream pail, put one cup of powdered sugar in the bottom. Pour coated cereal over the top. Dump remaining powdered sugar on top. Put lid on pail and shake. You may have to move cereal around with spoon and shake again. You can spread this out on wax paper to cool, but I normally don't.



12 oz box of Crispix or Chex
2-1/2 cups powdered sugar





You can freeze this if you like.




Check out what's going on at Married to the Cows hopefully I will have a new post shortly.

No comments: