Search & Win

Friday, April 17, 2009

Fruit Pizza

I have a lot of extra strawberries and soft butter waiting to be used in the fridge and on the counter. Fruit pizza will utilize both in a lovely, delicious way. I remember when I was in 4-H my mom and I took this to a Food Review. It was my first year and they evaluated your recipe and table setting (I think). That was almost 20 years ago...I'm going to be soo old. I'm teasing but saying something was almost 20 years ago sounds long ago when you are 28. Go check out other recipes at the Recipe Swap.


Fruit Pizza

Dough
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt


Cream butter, sugar, and egg together. Add dry sifted ingredients to form dough. Grease/prepare a 9x13 pan and spread dough in pan. Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool.


Filling
8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. cream or milk


Whip cream and mix with cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange fresh or well-drained fruit over filling. I'm going to use fresh strawberries and mandarin oranges. Some people make a glaze to put over the top. I do not. Enjoy!

No comments: