Search & Win

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Quick Hi

I thought last week was bad but when everything is scheduled for the next (this) week I should have known. I can't tell you what we did Monday. Tuesday the combine came and took off our beans. We also had our milk tester here which is done during the first two milkings of the day. I went out at 1 and was back in a little after 5. Then all three of us went back out close to 7. We had to put up plastic along the mow walls in the upstairs of the barn where a semi load of shavings was going to be deposited in the morning. Yuck. Kurt had a chopper box and a half of bean straw to blow on top of the shavings. This made for a long morning. I also had to play trucker and take our bull calf up to the sale barn. Oh and another load of shavings came this morning. This week has been expensive, productive, and a money-making time all at once. When all of this occurs so does a little thing I like to call STRESS. Oh my has it ever been. Financial problems all year long. Last year the month of November stunk and this year it does as well. Being in the negative is not fun but being negative a few thousand is even crappier. If and when we make it to the end of the year, I will breath a sigh of relief. Also my accountant is coming in an hour and half and I need to finish the last entries for October. I asked Kurt, "When Mike leaves can we take a nap?" He thought that might be possible! I am also getting ready for the Holstein meeting that is here next Tuesday. Cleaning, grocery shopping, and preparing all need to be done. Our biggest thing is our paperwork for our loan. We are so close to being done. That is what I have been up to. I have pictures to share hopefully this weekend. Talk at you soon!
PS- Tomorrow the hoof trimmer is coming and we have about 20 cows to trim. With it getting dark before 5 now we'll need to hustle. Then Saturday (maybe I'll be working-hopefully) Kurt has manure to haul and the neighbor lady's horse manure to haul on Sunday. Yippee!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Tell me again why I decided to not marry a farmer? :) THANK YOU for what you do to provide dairy products for us!!!!!!!