Search & Win

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Master Grocery List


I try to make one trip to the grocery store every two weeks. Lately it has been each week probably due to good deals that I can not past up. I always shop with a list and coupons of course. A few days before I go shopping I start getting myself in a tizzy thinking I am going to forget something which is really quite silly of me.
I usually look through the grocery ad (if there is one) and through my coupons a couple hundred times or so it seems. On a piece of paper I list the following catergories:
  • Produce
  • Bakery
  • Deli
  • Canned goods
  • Baking items
  • Pasta, mixes, etc
  • Meat
  • Dairy
  • Frozen
  • Junk

I leave space to write the items I need. Then I also check the cupboards, pantry, refrigerator, and freezers for anything I may overlook. I also do a mental walk through of the grocery store. I do just about everything I possibly can to make sure I am prepared, but sometimes you just forget. If anyone has any other catergories let me know, and I didn't add a household section. I usually make a note in the top or bottom corner and it looks like this--TP! : )

Check out WFMW.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, that makes it too easy. How did the rest of us never think of that?? Or am I the only one that never thought of doing that? haha

Home Cooking Memories said...

Great tip! And the only other section I can think of is condiments? (But maybe that's included under one of the others one.)