Search & Win

Monday, July 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday July 12


We have been working around the weather trying to get the remainder of our second crop off the field and into the hay mow. What fun that has been and I have the funky sunburn to prove it-blah!!! We only have about four wagon loads or 600 bales to be made. It's looking like tomorrow I will be on the tractor raking the hay which means I'll be pulling a piece of machinery that will flip over the winnrowed hay so it dries on both sides. We made a huge effort to get it done on Saturday and we had a tons of help to unload the wagon but a storm came through and rained us out.
This week starts swimming lessons which for some reason I now feel like I am in a groove for summer. Which means I feel like I am actually accomplishing things, and I accomplish things most days just not all I want to get done in the house. It's a good feeling, but my menu this week is keeping it pretty simple so I can make food ahead. Trying to get this hay done is not friendly to menu plans. I planned on grilling up burgers, brats, and hot dogs for everyone on Saturday so maybe that will be tomorrow night...I don't know. I even planned lunches since I have Maclayne to feed which makes lunch an actual regular event that has to occur otherwise I'm a bad mom. : )
Lunches (or we call it Dinner)
Mac n cheese and hot dogs
Turkey burgers
Grilled cheese
Homemade pizza
Spaghettios (that's for Mac)
Supper
Hamburger Helper (Mac's request of course)
Taco Casserole
Leftovers
Pork Chops
Crispy Chicken Breasts or Chicken Stirfry
Planning on making this later too

No comments: