Search & Win

Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday August 9


It's rather warm and sticky here. Tomorrow it's suppose to more humid and the heat is suppose to be higher as well. Thank goodness for air conditioning and showers. Because after each milking I usually take a shower to wash off the glow that my skin shines with from climbing in between 1600 pound cows. It's a beautiful thing-the shower and air conditioner. With the heat and humidity, I'm trying to use the oven sparingly. I am limited in my menu planning because I haven't been to the grocery store in two plus weeks. I'm out of eggs, bread, hamburger, you get the idea. I am heading to the store tomorrow morning hopefully I won't melt between here and there.


Monday- Hot beef sandwiches, sweet corn, green beans, and potato chips used the Crockpot Beef Roast recipe which I only used pickle juice to make it and made an awesome gravy here is the quick recipe:

In a separate saucepan over medium heat whisk 1 cup of drippings and a tablespoon of horseradish mustard together, then whisk in a brown gravy mix when bubbly add in 1 cup of cold water and stir constantly until boiling, then let simmer on low for a minute until thick...it was the perfect amount for the 2-3 pound roast I used.


Tuesday-Sweet and sour chicken, brown rice and green beans


Wednesday- French toast, bacon, and orange juice


Thursday- Pork chops, fried potatoes, cucumber salad, and regular lettuce salad

Friday-
Sweet corn roast (which is so dang tasty!!!) and they will have burgers, brats, salads, and desserts galore. This is a thank you party the local snowmobile club puts on for the landowners that allow trails to go through their land. They also give us a gift certificate which is not necessary! Now that I've been to the sweet corn roast that is all I need!

No comments: