Search & Win

Friday, May 22, 2009

Poke Cake


This is so simple and yummy to have when the weather warms up. Go check out the recipe swap for other recipes. My directions are pretty bare. You will need.


1 pkg cake mix (yellow, white, strawberry, etc)

Bake cake in a 9x13 according to directions. A few minutes before the cake is done, take a package of gelatin and make to directions on box. Be mindful to match up your cake flavor with your gelatin flavor. Red flavor or orange gelatin work best in my opinion. While cake is warm, take a fork and poke holes all over cake about a half inch apart. Pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate overnight. Top with whipped topping and enjoy!

2 comments:

Scott Franson Photography said...

Thanks for posting this, I had forgotten all about this kind of cake.
Claudia at Claudia’s Irish Eyes
claudiafranson.blogspot.com

Tannis said...

This was one of my favorite cakes growing up. I'll have to make it for my daughter. :)