Search & Win

Friday, February 12, 2010

Half-Baked Chicken Fried Chicken

Half-baked chicken fried chicken. Do I really need to say anything more? The chicken stays moist and is a really great treat if you like fried chicken. I love the crunchy coating and hopefully others checking out the Recipe Swap will too!




Let's get started! For this you will need a few items. There are very few measurements and it's more so keep each item on hand if you need to add more...you'll get the idea.



Boneless skinless chicken breasts
flour (1 cup)
beaten egg(s) (2)
saltine crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
seasoning or chicken coating mix (opt)
olive or canola oil
butter


I usually use a 2.5 to 3 pound bag of breasts which is about 5-6 breasts. My ingredients amounts will be based off this. But it is easy to add more if you need more, just remember that so you don't start off with too much.

Assemble 3 bowls/containers large enough to lay a breast in for dipping. Put the flour, beaten egg, and cracker crumbs (with/without seasoning or coating mix) in their own separate bowls. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Preheat oven as well to 400 degrees. Have a baking dish ready to transfer chicken into. I use a 9x13.

Take a chicken breast and coat it with flour on both sides. Shaking off the excess and then dip into beaten egg, covering both sides. Remove from egg to the cracker crumb mixture. Make sure to coat entire surface of chicken. Carefully put into frying pan with butter and oil. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side. You want a golden color on each side.


I have to do atleast two batches. You don't want to overcrowd the frying pan. Three is the most I can fit in their. I also add more butter and oil if it needed which it will be needed. Transfer to a baking dish.


I bake mine at 400 degree until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Probably about 30 minutes or so. I use my trusty thermometer. Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting in. Enjoy your half-baked chicken fried chicken!

No comments: